What can I find in BydTermCymru?
- our searchable termbase, TermCymru
- a searchable version of the Translation Service’s general style guide, 'Yr Arddulliadur'
- resources for translating legislative texts
- a searchable collection of translation memories for you to download and use in your translation memory software
- other resources for professional translators.
These are published on the web in the hope that they will also be useful not only for Welsh Government translators but also for translators in general and, indeed, for anyone working in a bilingual environment.
From the menu on the right, you can view other pages to give get more background and guidance.
June 2017 update
BydTermCymru was updated and additional resources added in June 2017 on the basis of your replies to our public online survey. Many thanks to each of the 112 of you who replied.
Here are some of the main improvements:
- No need to choose a language before searching for a term; TermCymru will now search both English and Welsh records simultaneously
- TermCymru will now find the mutated forms of a word, as well as the unmutated form
- More results appear on-screen after searching for a term
- A searchable collection of translation memories, and a guide for downloading and using them in your own translation memory software
- A section of additional resources, including a list of standard bilingual road signs
- The bug which meant that TermCymru did not find text within brackets, for example in the titles of acts and regulations, has been fixed.
Take a few minutes to browse the site, to see what's available here for you.
An explanation of the meaning of 'term' and 'terminology standardization'